Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
PubMed is the key database in medicine. It contains articles on diseases, treatments, models of care, medical education, health reform, and other topics relevant to this course. To get the best results out of PubMed,
- Identify the key concepts in your topic.
- Go to the Advanced Search page and search for them individually; add each term to the history and check the Details after each search to ensure you've found a good subject heading (called a MeSH term) for each concept.
- If you were not automatically mapped to a good MeSH term, search the MeSH database for the best heading for your concept.
- Use the Advanced Search page to combine your searches (OR together synonyms, AND all topics that must be in your final results)
- Use Limits page to narrow by study type, language, etc.
Extensive help information, including short videos and PDFs are available on the Medical Center Library's PubMed Tutorial and Training page.
Other Sources for Health Articles
Provides authoritative coverage of the journal literature related to nursing and allied health. CINAHL also indexes healthcare books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of professional practice, and more.
Abstract and citation database which includes peer-reviewed titles from international publishers, Open Access journals, conference proceedings, trade publications, and quality Web sources.