Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Library!!
The Medical Center Library is located in the Mudd building (between the hospital & TSCHE)
Duke Health ID badge access only (see top for more info about hours during Covid)
- ePrint is a Duke printing service.
- Names and IDs for all currently enrolled DPAP students have been added to our system.
- The ePrint station is located next to the Service Desk. Students can independently access it without monitoring from Library staff.
- Additional ePrint stations are available throughout campus, including the Trent Semans Center.
- A quick video on how to print efficiently and faster while reducing toner and paper use can be found here.
Numerous study carrels are available on level 2R & level 3 for individual or group study.
Seat & Space Reservations
Some study rooms and seats may be reserved by faculty, staff, and students for 4 hour blocks per individual or group. Rooms may be scheduled for up to two weeks in advance (including the day of the reservation). After a 15-minute grace period for arrival, the space becomes available to others. Reserve online
If you want to know which books you currently have checked out or need to renew items, log in here with your NetID and Password.
In addition to numerous computers located on Level 2R (which require Duke Health ID and password for access):
- Patient Information Network (PIN) Stations are located on Level 2R.
- A scanning station is located on Level 2R. You can save your scans to a USB drive (USB drives are available for purchase at the Service Desk), send to the printer, or send to e-mail.
- Dress accordingly as it can be chilly in the library!
- Feel free to bring food and drink to the library.
- Please use the provided cleaning supplies to clean your spaces before/after use.
Access to citations in MEDLINE with links to participating online journals.
Searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for mathematical sciences literature.
Web of Science
Provides bibliographic data, full-length author abstracts, and cited references for peer-reviewed journals.
Current Index to Statistics
Bibliographic index to publications in statistics, probability, and related fields.
An online information community for independent and society journals in the field of theoretical and applied mathematics and statistics.
Interdisciplinary database of scholarly articles. When using Google Scholar on campus, "Get it at Duke" links will appear to facilitate connecting to Duke's online collections. You can also add these links so they appear when using Google Scholar from off campus by setting your "Scholar Preferences" to Duke University Libraries.
SmartSearch is a “discovery” tool that indexes content from top biomedical journals and databases, providing a fast, streamlined search through a single search box. It now has the capability to also search the vast print book collections of the Duke Libraries.
Contact the Medical Library